Last updated: March 24, 2020
Thank you for visiting our website, mobile website, or mobile application (“app”) (collectively, the “Platform”).
Goodridge & Williams, Labatt Brewing Company Limited, Anheuser-Busch InBev and our subsidiary and affiliated entities, which include different brands, (“we”, “us” or “our”) want you to have the best possible experience when you interact with us online.
Legal drinking age notice
This Platform and any related content should not be accessed or viewed by you if you are not of legal drinking age in your country, province or territory. You confirm that you are legal drinking age and that you are not in a country, province or territory where the consumption of alcoholic beverages or the content of this Platform is not permitted.
Eligibility for participation in contests, promotions and other aspects of this Platform may be restricted to Ontario residents or residents of other provinces or territories in Canada age 19 and over. If you are accessing this website from the United States of America, you confirm that you are age 21 or over.
This platform may allow you to share content through this platform or through other apps or websites. Please only share our posts and other shareable content with those who are of legal drinking age.
User Generated Content (UGC)
This Platform may allow you to create or post user-generated content. We do not condone any user-generated content that promotes inappropriate or excessive alcohol consumption. Any content of this sort will be deleted without further notice to you. See the “Unlawful behaviour” section below for additional details.
You confirm you are legally permitted to use this Platform
Your use of this Platform may not be available or permitted in all jurisdictions, and shall only constitute an “offer or solicitation” where permitted, and only to the extent permitted by law. This Platform shall not be used where or to any extent such use is prohibited by law. You agree and confirm that your use of this Platform is in full compliance with the laws of the jurisdiction(s) to which you are subject.
Use of this website is at your own risk
You acknowledge and agree that your use of this Platform is at your own risk. This means that you agree that we, including our owners, officers, directors, employees, or anyone involved in creating, producing, or delivering this website, are not liable for any damages whatsoever caused by your use of the Platform. This includes damages that are direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or special, or any other losses, costs or expenses of any kind (including legal fees, expert fees, or other disbursements) which may arise. You agree we are not liable regardless of whether such liability or damages arise in contract, tort, negligence, equity, statutorily or otherwise. You agree we are not liable for any such damages in connection with your access to, use of or browsing of this Platform or in connection with any content, information, data, promotions or activities associated with this Platform, or in connection with your downloading of any materials, text, data, images, video or audio from this Platform. You agree we are not liable for damages caused by transmission defects, viruses, data breach, data theft or loss, bugs, human action or inaction, or phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or any other errors, failures or delays of any kind.
Copyright and all other intellectual property belongs to us
We are the owners of copyright and all other intellectual property in this Platform. No portion of this Platform, including but not limited to the content, information, text, images, audio or video, may be used in any manner, or for any purpose, without our prior written permission.
Without in any way waiving any of the foregoing rights, you may download one copy of the material on this Platform for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you do not delete, obstruct or change any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices.
You also have the limited ability to “share” content through a linked social media platform where such functionality is expressly provided by us in the Platform through a “share” button or menu item, provided, however, that you hereby acknowledge and agree that all “sharing” of content shall in no way limit our ownership of copyright and all other intellectual property in this Platform and/or effect the general limitations on your use of our content.
You hereby agree that modification, reposting or use of any content on this Platform in any other manner whatsoever and for any other purpose violates our legal and intellectual property rights.
Our name, logos and trademarks
You acknowledge and agree that any name, logo, trademark or service mark contained on this Platform is owned or licensed by us (or a parent company, affiliate or partner of ours) and may not be used by you without prior written approval. We will enforce our intellectual property rights to the full extent of the law. Any unauthorized use of all, part, or any aspect of our intellectual property may subject you to penalties or damages, including but not limited to those related to violation of trademarks, copyright, privacy rights or publicity rights.
The internet is not a secure medium
The internet is not a secure medium, and the privacy of your communications and/or visits to this Platform cannot be guaranteed. Your communications or information may be susceptible to data corruption, unauthorized access, data breach, theft or loss, interception and delays. This Platform may include incomplete information, inaccuracies or typographical errors. We may make changes in the information and content included in this Platform at any time without notice.
You acknowledge and agree that any communication or material you transmit to this Platform, in any manner and for any reason, may not be treated as confidential or proprietary. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that any communications, information, ideas, concepts, techniques, procedures, methods, systems, designs, plans, charts, or other materials you transmit through this Platform may be used by us anywhere, anytime and for any reason whatsoever.
To access and use our Platform, you may be required to create an account. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of account information, confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. We reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders.
We have the right to restrict your access to this Platform
You agree and confirm that you will not use this Platform to do anything that causes any harm or that is illegal or otherwise unlawful, including without limitation communicating or transmitting any hateful, harassing, pornographic, obscene, profane, defamatory, libelous or threatening material, or material which constitutes or may encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, promote the excessive, irresponsible or underage consumption of alcohol, or otherwise violate any law or regulation.
If this Platform contains integrated social media content, news feeds, bulletin boards, chat rooms, email, comment sections, or other message or communication functions (collectively, Forums), you agree to use the Forums only to send and receive material or post content that shall not, in any manner or to any extent, do any of the following:
- commit any criminal or quasi-criminal offence including, without limitation, any pornography, hate, assault, or economic crime whatsoever;
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
- infringe, contravene, breach or otherwise interfere with or harm the rights of any other person including, without limitation, any contractual, personality, confidentiality, privacy, moral, statutory, common law or intellectual property rights;
- upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of a computer or mobile device;
- delete any author attributions, trademarks, trade names, logos, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file;
- falsify the origin or source of software, information or other material;
- advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward any surveys, contests, or chain letters; and
- download any file posted by another user that you know (or reasonably should know) cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
You acknowledge and agree that all Forums are public. You acknowledge that chats, comments, postings, conferences, social media integrations and other communications by other users are not monitored, screened, sanctioned, approved or endorsed by us, and shall not be considered as such.
We and all other parties involved in creating, producing or delivering this platform assume no responsibility or liability arising from claims related to any of the above activities by other users.
Although this Platform may be linked to other websites, we are not directly or indirectly implying any approval, association, sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation with the linked website unless we specifically say so in writing. You acknowledge and agree that we have not reviewed linked websites and we are not responsible for the content of any website which is not hosted by us. Following links to other websites is at your own discretion and risk.
No warranty on contents, information and materials
The laws of certain jurisdictions (which may include the province of quebec) do not allow the exclusion or limitation of legal warranties, conditions or representations. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the below exclusions or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights.
Although the content in this Platform is based upon reasonably current information and we make reasonable efforts to ensure that it is correct, accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
For some information on this Platform, we rely on other entities to provide content without any direct or independent authentication, verification, assessment or validation by us. You are solely and exclusively responsible for evaluating all information for yourself. The information included in this Platform does not constitute, and shall not be considered, our advice, recommendation or endorsement.
The information and content in this platform is provided on an “as is” basis only, and is for consumer private and non-commercial end use only. All express or implied conditions, representations and warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, completeness, authenticity, validity or non-infringement, are completely denied and disclaimed, except to the extent that such disclaimers are held to be legally invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Exclusions and Limitations of Liability
The laws of certain jurisdictions (which may include the province of quebec), do not allow the limitation of liability or certain damages for consumers. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the below limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights
You agree that we are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by other users, or by the equipment or programming of this Platform, or by any technical or human error which may occur. You agree that we are not responsible for any potential impact of any of the above-noted circumstances upon your participation in contests or promotions through the Platform.
We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, wireless connections, mobile or cloud services, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of email or other communication, or any combination of these or other factors.
If, for any reason, this Platform is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, data breach, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Platform, we reserve our rights to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the app services or website indefinitely or take any other action we deem necessary to protect our interests.
Release and indemnity for claims
You agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless us and our respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, sponsors, officers, consultants, agents, partners and employees against and from all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses asserted by you and/or any third parties alleging that the platform includes obscenity, libel or slander, or infringes upon any intellectual property or privacy rights as a result of the use or misuse of the platform by you and/or any third party.
You further confirm that you are strictly prohibited from knowingly damaging or interrupting the services on the platform, preventing others from using it, or obtaining or modifying another user’s information without consent.
Should a claim be brought against us involving allegations of any such activity on your part, you agree to fully indemnify us for any and all costs, awards, penalties or damages resulting from the claim.
Applicable law, jurisdiction and dispute resolution
Except where prohibited by applicable law (which may include the province of Quebec), you acknowledge and agree that this Platform (including all transactions, contests, promotions or services offered or effected through it) and these contractual terms shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the Province of Ontario and the Federal laws of Canada applicable therein. You hereby agree and confirm that your use of this Platform and all of the communications, transmissions and transactions associated with it shall be deemed to occur in the Province of Ontario.
You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario as the proper and most convenient forum for any dispute arising from your use of this Platform.
You acknowledge that any proceeding arising from your use of this Platform must be commenced in the City of Toronto in the Province of Ontario regardless of where you may be located and regardless of the application of any conflicts of law principles. If you use this website from another jurisdiction, you are responsible for your compliance with any and all applicable local laws.
English shall be the language of this Platform and all transactions occurring in connection with it. You waive any right to use and rely upon any other language or translations. Il est de la volonté express des parties que le présent Plateforme et tous les affairs qui s’y rapportent soient rédigés en langue anglaise, exception faite des documents pour lesquels la loi exige l’usage exclusif du français.
Last updated: December 13, 2023
“Personal Information” means any information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information) enables you to be identified as an individual or recognized directly or indirectly.
Intended for Adults
The Platform is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from, persons under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. If you are under the age of majority and have entered this Platform by providing a false date of birth, you must immediately leave this Platform. Under no circumstances may you use this Platform or submit Personal Information to us if you are under the age of majority.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?. 2
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION? 3
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.. 5
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PLATFORM.. 5
SECURITY PROCEDURES AND RETENTION.. 7
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS. 7
CONTACT US. 8
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Depending on how you access the Platform, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
Contact Information and other information you submit directly
First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Email Address, Phone Number, Postal Code (Contact Information) or other information you provide to us directly.
To access and use our Platform, you may be required to create an account using your Contact Information, username and password. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication, such as letters, phone calls, or email messages. If you become aware of any unauthorized access to or use of your account, you are required to notify us immediately.
Proof that you are legal drinking age
Legal Age, Date of Birth, Province or Territory
Information you submit or post on community forums, public spaces or social media
We may collect information you post on public spaces or community forums on our Platform. If you voluntarily disclose Personal Information (e.g., name, email address, personal photographs) in a community forum on our Platform, such information may be collected and used by third parties. We have no control over this type of use of your Personal Information and are not responsible for that use. Please exercise caution before sharing any Personal Information.
If you engage with any organic content, sponsored content and advertising content on our social or digital channels, such as engaging with an influencer’s post, “liking” our posts, or watching content we’ve posted, We may collect and aggregate this information (e.g. likes, shares, and comments).
Mobile application use
Some of our mobile applications tools such as geolocation, camera, and notification services (“mobile tools”). If you consent to such mobile features, we may collect information provided from the use of the mobile device.
Information submitted to our Contact Us Page
When you contact us with a comment or question through email, telephone, or the Contact Us form on our Platform, we will collect any information you provide, including Contact Information, information that identifies you and other information you provide us directly.
Personal information is collected through cookies, tags, pixels, clear pixels, beacons, and other similar technologies. This includes information from referring and exiting websites/URLs (including click-through URLs and pixel tags), as well as browser and device information (including Platform and version).
For more information, see the “Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies” under “Information about our Platform”.
Server log file location, internet service provider, unique identifiers, user, agents, or IP address.
If you apply for a job with us, you may provide us with certain Personal Information about yourself, such as information contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar candidate-related materials. We may also collect employment-related materials that you have made publicly available, such as on business-related social networking sites.
Additional Information from other sources
Information we receive from other sources with your consent, such as our partners with whom we jointly offer services, or from advertisers, about your interactions with them.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Providing products and services
If you order products or services from us, we will use your Personal Information to provide you with the products and services requested.
Registering you as a user
If our Platform requires you to create an account, we will register and administer your account on our Platform.
Administering contests, sweepstakes or promotions.
When you enter one of our contests, sweepstakes or promotions, we use this information to administer your participation in the program, validate your eligibility, and fulfil your prize.
Providing you with promotional messages
With your consent, we may send you special offers, e-blasts, and information about other services that we believe may be of interest to you. We may send this information by email, text or other means, depending on your preferences. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, you may unsubscribe any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an email, replying STOP to a text or by contacting us at the contact information under “Contact Us” below. Please note that if you unsubscribe from our marketing communications you may continue to receive certain transactional or account-related communications from us.
Providing targeted marketing on third-party Platforms
We may use services provided by third-party Platforms (such as social media and other websites) to create custom and look alike audiences and to serve targeted advertisements to you or others. If you have consented to targeted advertising through our cookie consent banner, we may provide a hashed version of your email address or other information to the Platform provider for such purposes. To withdraw your consent for the use of your Personal Information, please send a request using any of the methods set forth in the Contact Us section below.
Providing location-based services and messages
With your consent, we may provide you with location-based services. You can withdraw consent at any time by turning off your location services for the Platform in the settings of your device.
Displaying push notifications
We may display push notifications on your mobile device such as welcome messages, product features and promotional offers.
Improving our marketing efforts
We may use Personal Information and aggregated information to evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing efforts, target future marketing communications in more relevant.
Enhancing your profile with us
We may combine information you provide us across different devices, programs and brands. We may also supplement your profile using (i) aggregate demographic information from third-party data providers and analytics companies, and (ii) information you have made publicly available on our Platform or when you interact with us online.
We may also enhance your profile with us using work-related materials that you have made publicly available, such as on business-related social networking sites
We may use your Personal Information to contact you in response to a comment or question through email, telephone, or the Contact Us form on our Platform.
Responding to inquiries and processing job application
We may use Personal Information to respond to your questions, concerns, and complaints and to process and respond to applications for current and future career opportunities.
Improving our products and services
We use aggregated demographic, behavioural and other statistical information to improve and customize our Platform, products, services, and marketing efforts, analyze preferences, interests and purchases.
Validating your age
Only individuals who are drinking legal age may access our Platform. If you enter your name, date of birth and province of residence to enter our Platform, we will validate that you are legal drinking in your jurisdiction of residence.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, rent, or disclose your Personal Information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, as described herein, without your consent or as permitted by law. We may share your Personal Information as further described below:
- Service Providers: We may transfer your Personal Information (or otherwise make it available) to our third-party services providers. We use service providers to host our websites, administer promotions and contests, provide email and advertising marketing services, and process payments, among other things. We only send our service providers with the information they need to perform their designated functions and do not authorize the use or disclosure of your Personal Information for their marketing or other purposes. Our service providers may be located in any province in Canada, the U.S., or other foreign jurisdictions.
- Business Partners: With your consent, we may provide your Personal Information to our co-sponsors or other business partners to use in accordance with their own privacy policies. We may share your Personal Information so that our business partners, affiliated companies, or co-sponsors may provide you with information on the products and services they make available to you through our Platform or that may be of interest to you.
- Affiliates: We may share your Personal Information with our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates within the Anheuser Busch InBev family of brands (Affiliates) who perform services on our behalf.
- Legal and Compliance: We and our Affiliates and service providers may disclose your Personal Information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or detecting, suppressing, or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by the laws of Canada or any other country with jurisdiction. This may include lawful access by foreign courts, law enforcement, or other government authorities. Your Personal Information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property. Where required or permitted by applicable law, we may share information for other reasons we disclose to you.
- Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a proposed or completed merger, acquisition, or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PLATFORM
- Visiting our Platform: In general, you can visit our Platform without telling us who you are or submitting any Personal Information. However, we collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Platform, as well as other related information such as page requests, browser type, device identifier (if you are using our mobile app), operating system, and average time spent on our Platform. We use this information to help us understand our Platform activity and to monitor and improve our Platform.
- App Usage Information & Analytics: As with many apps, certain limited data is required for the app to function on your device. This data includes the type of device hardware and operating system, unique device identifier, IP address, language settings, and the date and time the app accesses our servers. We use this information to help us understand the activity on our app, to monitor and improve our app, and to tailor your in-app experience.
In addition, we may use third-party service providers to collect analytical information about your use of the app, such as the app features used and time spent on the app, to help us tailor your in-app experience, improve our products and the quality of our app, and to manage and analyze data to better understand our users.
- Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We use certain standard web measurement and tracking technologies such as “cookies,” web server logs, web beacons (also known as “action tags” or “one pixel gif files”), clear GIFs, or other statistics programs. A “cookie” is a tiny element of data that our website sends to a user’s browser, which may then be stored on the user’s hard drive so that we can recognize the user’s computer or device when they return. We do this on our Platform (including mobile apps) and in emails that we send to you. We collect information about users over time when you use this Platform (including mobile apps). Third parties also collect information this way. You can control cookies and similar technologies through the cookie consent tool on our websites. Your browser may also have an option that allows you to accept cookies, reject cookies, or receive notification when a cookie is sent. If you reject cookies and similar technologies, it may limit your use of the Platform.
- Mobile Applications: From time to time, we may offer certain mobile apps, including iOS applications (“Apps”), for download. We will use commercially reasonable efforts, given the limitations imposed upon us by third-party providers such as Apple Inc. and Google Inc., to clearly disclose what, if any, information is collected by the App, how it is used, and with whom it is shared. Please note, certain practices are outside of our control, for example, tracking by Google, Inc., Apple, Inc., or your third-party telecommunications carrier. We are not responsible for the actions of third parties. You should always read and understand the policies of any third-party provider, such as Google with respect to Android apps and Apple with respect to iOS apps, and your wireless carrier, before making any purchase or downloading any app.
SECURITY PROCEDURES AND RETENTION
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the Personal Information in our custody and control against theft, loss, and unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure. We restrict access to Personal Information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfill their job requirements.
We have record retention processes designed to retain Personal Information for no longer than necessary for the purposes set out herein or as otherwise required to meet legal or business requirements.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You have certain choices and rights when it comes to how we use your Personal Information:
Controlling Tracking Tools and Third-Party Advertising:
We may use third-party advertising companies and/or media partners that use their own tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) to serve ads on our Platform and/or on the sites on which we advertise. We and these third-party companies display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple Platforms. In the course of serving advertisements, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. Additionally, we may use web beacons provided by third-party advertising companies to help manage our online advertising. These web beacons enable us to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits this Platform to learn which advertisements bring users to our Platform. These companies may collect information about your activity on our Platform and third-party websites (such as web pages you visit and your interaction with our advertising and other communications) and use this information to make predictions about your preferences, develop personalized content, and deliver ads that are more relevant to you on third party websites. This information may also be used to evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns.
To learn more about your choices please use the cookie consent tool available on our Platform and utilize the choices and settings available through your device or browser. Please note that even if you do not consent to interest-based advertising by a third party, these tracking technologies may still collect data for other purposes, including analytics, and you will still see ads from us; however, the ads will not be targeted based on information about you and may be less relevant to you and your interests. To successfully withdraw consent, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser (see your browser’s instructions for information on cookies and how to enable them). Certain choices you make may be browser-specific and/or device-specific. Your consent only applies to the web browser you use, so you must withdraw consent of each web browser on each computer you use. Once you withdraw consent, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you will need to withdraw your consent again. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about your cookie preferences.
Opting Out of Receiving our Emails and Texts:
To stop receiving our marketing emails or texts, email us at email@example.com. You can also click on the link provided at the bottom of each email communication or reply STOP to any text. Even if you withdraw your consent receive marketing communications, we will still send you messages about your questions and purchases.
Controlling Tools on Your Mobile Devices:
Disable Push Notifications:
To disable push notifications on your mobile device (iOS and/or Android), refer to settings on your mobile device.
Closing an Account on Your Mobile Devices:
- A user can delete their Archibald account, by themselves, in the My Profile section of the mobile application.
- A user can also have their Archibald account deleted at any time by requesting it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The user understand that this account is necessary to user the mobile application and that the functionalities offered, and the accumulated points will be lost automatically by deleting the account.
- A user’s information is completely erased from the Archibald database and the deletion of the account entails the deletion of his contact details and accumulated points. The change is irreversible, both the erased data is no longer accessible as the user’s points.
You have the right to:
- Request access to, or correction of, your Personal Information in our custody or control.
- Request information about how we have used and disclosed your Personal Information.
- Request to have your Personal Information deleted or forgotten from our records.
- Withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described in the Contact Us section. Please note that these rights are subject to certain restrictions, and we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to your request.
Labatt Brewing Company Limited
207 Queens Quay W, Suite 299, Toronto, ON M5J 1A7
The Company, in common with many website operators, may use standard technology called “cookies” on its Sites. Cookies are small data files that are downloaded onto your computer when you visit a particular website. You can disable cookies by turning them off in your browser; however, some areas of the Sites may not function properly if you do so.